Rashee Rice is facing new allegations in the form of a civil lawsuit filed in Dallas County District Court by his former partner, Dacoda Jones, that accuses him of a pattern of domestic violence.
The lawsuit alleges repeated assaults during their relationship, described as spanning roughly December 2023 to July 2025, including claims that Rice ch*ked/str*ngled, pushed, scratched, and headb*tted Jones, and that some incidents occurred while she was pregnant.
Domestic-violence accusations had previously surfaced publicly via Jones’ Instagram posts earlier in January, but the recent development is the move from social-media claims to a formal civil court filing with detailed allegations.
What Can Be the Consequences of New Charges Against Rashee Rice?
Rice faces serious potential consequences from the new domestic violence lawsuit, primarily as a probation violation on his 2024 Dallas crash felony plea and additional NFL Personal Conduct Policy discipline as a repeat offender.
Any violation triggers a violation hearing, where the judge can revoke it and impose the full original sentence: 2–10 years in prison per felony count, potentially consecutive, plus fines up to $10,000 per count.

Previously, the NFL has severely punished repeat offenders, including Kareem Hunt and Deshaun Watson, handing them 8-11 game suspensions. There can also be a full‑season or indefinite ban if the investigation deems the claims credible.
Chiefs and NFL React to Allegations on Rashee Rice
Both the Kansas City Chiefs and the NFL released statements after the accusations against Rice surfaced last month.
“The club is aware of the allegations on social media and is in communication with the National Football League,” the Chiefs said in a statement. “We have no further comment at this time.”
“We have been in contact with the club about the matter which will be reviewed under the league’s personal conduct policy,” the NFL said.
Rashee Rice’s Previous Legal Issues
Rice was involved in a high‑speed, multi‑vehicle crash in Dallas on March 30, 2024, that prosecutors described as a street‑racing hit‑and‑run. Police and later court records state that Rice was driving a Lamborghini Urus at around 119 mph on North Central Expressway when he lost control, hit the median, and triggered a chain‑reaction collision involving several other vehicles, with multiple people injured.

Dallas authorities obtained arrest warrants and charged him with eight counts, including one count of aggravated assault, one count of collision involving serious bodily injury, and six counts of collision involving injury. He was also accused of leaving the scene without checking on the victims.
Rice turned himself in days later and ultimately reached a plea deal in July 2025, pleading guilty to two third‑degree felony charges, collision involving serious injury and racing on a highway causing injury. He received a sentence of five years’ probation, 30 days in jail to be served during that probation, and more than $115,000 in restitution to cover victims’ medical expenses. He was also handed a six-game ban by the NFL, which he served in the beginning of the 2025 season.